Watcha facers hope that you are having fun with the ‘inspired by’ prompt this week. Don’t worry if you haven’t had a chance to use it, you can still link your work whether it uses the prompt or not!
First up the admin…
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick another to inspire our work this month, they can be a Facer or someone one else, up to you)
- Head Positions – May 2016 (try different head potions through the month. Suggested by June Walker)
- Quick Draw Faces – July 2016 (set a timer to say 10-15 min – or less if you dare! – and draw a face or several faces in that time. Suggested by Gibby Frogett).
- Change Hands – September 2016 (try using your non-dominant hand to draw/ paint / make your face this month. Suggested by Hazel Agnew).
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
- There is a prompt every other month. Using the prompts is totally optional and just there if you fancy playing along. You can still post your face work even if you haven’t used the prompt.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
I have not had much time to do my face practice this week. Although, I have managed to squeeze in a couple of playing with watercolours to draw features, but nothing complete or even that I like! So I’ve decided to call this week inspired by all the amazing people who make amazing portraits using watercolours.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me:
This Post Has 5 Comments
Love your watercolour faces.
These look amazing, you are so talented!
Wow, your painting is great. Love the colors you chose too! I'm no artist, but I look forward to seeing what others come up with.
I may be interpreting the "any media" too broadly. My face this week is from my St Patrick's day post. I have a couple of digital photo manipulations on that post and I have entered one here on "Show Your Face".
Just let me know if you would prefer it not be entered on this site.
It is wonderful Fran, I love your digital art. The Show Your Face link up does tend to be more for people who have drawn, painted, sculpted, etc a face and they can do that in any medium including digitally. So more using the medium to create the face from scratch if you see what I mean. But please keep the link up, it is nice to have you on board and we look forward to seeing more of your creating faces art too!