Hey lovely Facers, I hope you have had a good week full of Faces. We are almost in March which means there will be an optional prompt running from next week. As always you don’t have to use the prompt but it is a good way to push yourself out of your comfort zone and also as it is an ‘Inspired by’ prompt you can spread a bit of love for other artists you admire.
Anyway on with this week’s share!
First up the admin…
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
- Head Positions – May 2016 (try different head potions through the month. Suggested by June Walker)
- Quick Draw Faces – July 2016 (set a timer to say 10-15 min – or less if you dare! – and draw a face or several faces in that time. Suggested by Gibby Frogett).
- Change Hands – September 2016 (try using your non-dominant hand to draw/ paint / make your face this month. Suggested by Hazel Agnew).
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
- There is a prompt every other month. Using the prompts is totally optional and just there if you fancy playing along. You can still post your face work even if you haven’t used the prompt.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
Following on from last week’s profile for my Show Your Face share I thought I would go for a almost three quarters face. She is done with a Sakura Pigma Micron pen on a painted background. As a page I don’t think she is quite finished but I’m letting her sit for a bit to see what develops.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me: