Hey Facers, up for some sharing this week? I hope you have been having fun with the ‘In The Style Of’ theme either through seeing the work of other people taking part or by taking part yourself. It is your last week to give it a go if you haven’t yet as we are back to normal un-themed sharing next month. So enjoy this last week and if you want to do it again next year then let me know.
First up the admin…
- In The Style Of – November 2015 (examine our favourite established artists, incorporate what they do through our own face practise)
- Focus On Eyes – January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face In The Style Of – please name the artist and link to them or information about them.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
My share this week is probably the best know of the artists inspiring my work this month. She has here own dedicated website for a start! It is nice to not have to link to Wikipedia for a change! So my In The Style Of person this week is Leonor Fini who had a long and diverse career from being a practically self-taught artist. I just love her watercolour and gouache faces and the suggestion of form with the movement of the water on the page.
As with my other ‘In The Style Of’ work this month I started by trying to mimic one of her faces to try to deconstruct how her art works and that is what you can see in the picture above. Then I’ve tried to pull the techniques into one of my own faces, see the picture below. Obviously I have a long way to go and lots to learn to get to a point where I am confident with this technique but I just love watercolour faces so I shall work on it and we shall see where it gets me!
Today’s shares were done with a waterbrush and a Stabilo All pencil.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with an Autumn colours theme link up to Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me: