I honestly thought I would never get into Inchies – pieces of art that are only an inch by an inch square – but then I did a card with some almost inchies on it and I was hooked. But guess what? There is an inchies challenge blog, well that is it really – I’ve just added inchies to my ever growing list of craft obsessions. So this week’s challenge on Inch by Inch is ‘Thank you’ and here is my submission.
Stamp: Anna Griffin Nature Background; Studio g Alphabet Set
Inks: Tim Holtz Ditress inks – Walnut stain; Peeled Paint; Tea dye
Other: dragonfly metal charm; recycled cardstock
Equipment: water spritzer; Brayer; craft mat; felt block (you can buy this but I made my own); heat tool (optional); Marvy Le Plume watercolour pens; Silicone glue
- Taking a piece of card from an old greeting card place on the craft mat and colour using the tea dye and peeled paint distress inks, water and brayer.
- Leave to dry or dry with the heat tool if you are as impatient as me.
- Stamp with the background stamp and decide which inch will be the best to use.
- Highlight the plants by colouring with watercolour pens.
- On a new piece of card stamp the sentiment with alphabet stamps and cut to size.
- The edges of the sentiment and Inchy were distressed using the walnut stain ink and smudging with the felt block.
- To finish the charm and sentiment were attached to the Inchy with Silicone glue.
Thank you Inch By Inch for sampling my inchy 🙂