Did you watch London Fashion Week last week? All caught up with what is hot and not this season and next season? I have to admit that I am a bit clueless when it comes to fashion, would not know my *insert current top designer’s name here* from my *insert a different current top designer’s name here*, yes it is that bad, I don’t even know the current top names in the fashion industry, I did warn you I was clueless! But I do have a massive admiration, and a smattering of jealousy, for all the art and talent that goes into it.
From the textile art and surface design of the clothes to the artists that illustrate fashion, there is just so much to be inspired by. So fashionista or not, if you are looking for some people to follow on Instagram for a bit of daily fashion artist and Illustrator inspiration then here are some suggestions:
Fashion Art And Illustrators To Follow On https://ativanusa.com ativan Instagram:
1. Hodaya Louis @hodayalouis – Works in a whole range of different mediums and a varied style. Just love her face art but she also can render a fashion form seemingly effortless, which obviously it isn’t, with just a few marks, it is pretty awesome! She also has a website, Hodaya Louis, and sells prints of her work.
2. Megan Ruth St Clair Morgan @mrscmillo – Works a lot in pen/ink and watercolour. I just love her continuous line style and how she can give the essence of the form with line and a touch of colour. She also has a portfolio website at MRSCMILLO.
3. Beth Briggs Illustration @bethbriggsillustration – Has a signature bright pastel colour style and I love her illustrative look. I also love that she really only started turning her hobby into a career after she turned 50. You can also find out about her in her etsy shop BBriggsIllustration.
4. Marie-Klara Gonzalez @marieklaragonzalez – Has a very contemporary illustrative style, I love her surface design and fashion drawings. You can also find her through Miss Capricho where she displays her client work.
5. Elena Ciuprina @elenaciuprina – Has a very bold line and block colours style which I really love. She is another artist who experiments with different mediums and different looks which is fun to watch. She also has a portfolio on Behance under her name Elena Ciuprina.
6. Jacky Marshall @jackyblue__ – Uses all sorts of items in her work, lots of different types of pen work but then the odd addition of fabric and paper collage too. I love her quick line drawings and her use of colour and pattern.
I hope that you enjoy exploring the feeds of these artists.
So what about you? Which fashion illustrators and artists do you follow and why do you like them?
Come And Connect With Me:
This Post Has 2 Comments
I love fashion but I am not one to where the latest trend, I tend to go for what I call classic timeless pieces that last, plus I need to be a whole lot slimmer lol – love your post love Jennifer x x x
I think that is the way to go Jennifer! I have some timeless pieces and also pieces that have circled round back into fashion again 😀 😀