Hello amazing Facers, another week and another share of any face/ portrait we have been working at this week. Have you tried the optional Changing Hands prompt as suggested by Hazel Agnew? Hope you get a chance to give it a go at least once this month.
Ok, time to share!
First up the admin…
- Change Hands – August 2016 (try using your non-dominant hand to draw/ paint / make your face this month. Suggested by Hazel Agnew).
Remember all are optional prompts, you don’t have to use them, they are there if you fancy playing, if not just link up your usual work as normal.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
- There is a prompt every other month. Using the prompts is totally optional and just there if you fancy playing along. You can still post your face work even if you haven’t used the prompt.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
This week I am posting a sketch and before you ask it was with my dominate hand even if it might not look it! I like the eye but I think the rest rather lets it down, I think the rest is too sketchy and doesn’t match the style of the eye. I might try it again if I get the time.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me:
This Post Has 4 Comments
I love this post, the eyes and lips are stunning X X X
Ahh thanks Jennifer! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
did you draw this with the wrong hand? That is impressive 🙂 A beautiful collage.
Oh so wish I could say that I did! I had a go at it last week and the week before but this week I went with my normal hand! Thanks for linking up this week!