Hey everyone, how has your week been? Have you managed to do any face practice this week? I’ve been super busy but I have managed to squeeze in some playing with the Focus On Eye Theme we are running this month, how are you getting on with it? Tried anything different?
First up the admin…
- Focus On Eyes – January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
This week I’ve used our Focus On Eyes theme as an excuse to try a Manga-style face. It is something I’ve wanted to try for ages but have not had the courage to give it a go! So I thought this would be a good kick out of my comfort zone and a great way to try it out. He/She (I haven’t quite decided which!) is a pencil sketch.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me:
This Post Has 6 Comments
what a sweet sketch Kim!
Love your sketch – very expressive eyes.
You did a great manga style face! I always think I'll try one but haven't yet.
What a great manga! It looks very authentic! I had a student who actually wanted to be a manga artist eventually and he created a manga style animation for his A level, I think. I would love to give it a try, but I've always been a bit in awe of his sketches, which he showed me!
Wow! Brilliant Manga Kim –
fantastic eyes and expression – very inspiring!