Happy New Year Facers! May 2016 be a brilliant year for you and all your creative endeavours!
It’s time to share some faces and we have a great theme to kick off the New Year. New Year is all about looking forward so let’s start with a Focus On Eyes! Thanks Susana Magenheimer for the fab theme. So what is your favourite way of doing eyes? What styles do you like? Take this opportunity to try out something you haven’t tried before such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. The Eye world is your oyster, go for it!
As with all the themes here on SYF please feel free to use the theme to inspire your work or not as the mood takes you.
Right, on with the first SYF share of 2016.
First up the admin…
- Focus On Eyes – January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
I thought I would take the opportunity to do an eye ‘stock-take’ for my first post this month! So I’ve gathered together some of my eyes from 2015 Show Your Face Shares to see what my style is or how it is developing at the moment. There is definitely a similarity coming through with my eye style so it is going to be fun trying out different things this month and seeing how that affects my practice.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal pages, check out the new theme at Art Journal Journey. Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me: