Hallow Facers, welcome to the spooky edition of Show Your Face, if you are of a delicate constitution then you may not want to scroll downnnnnn…
buy provigil online safely
Mwahahahaha *Evil Laughter*
It’s ok, it is only me, getting into the Halloween spirit! It’s Show Your Face as normal but my share this week has a spooky twist.
Before we get started don’t forget that next week it is November so we have a theme/ prompt – here are the findings In The Style Of – November 2015 (examine our favourite established artists, incorporate what they do through our own face practise) for anyone who wants to have an excuse to try something different. Totally optional, you don’t have to use the theme or you can push your boundaries and give it a go, up to you.
Also the social media hashtag has evolved to #ShowYourFaceFriday thanks to the guys on Instagram for making great use of it and owning it!
Ok, let’s Spook this!
First up the admin…
- In The Style Of – November 2015 (examine our favourite established artists, incorporate what they do through our own face practise)
- Focus On Eyes – January 2016 (break out of our normal practice and try different styles of doing eyes such as traditional, cartoon, manga etc. As suggested by Susana Magenheimer)
- Inspired By – March 2016 (pick fellow Facers to inspire our work this month)
Feel free to let me know if you have any more themes or ideas for Show Your Face.
- Show Your Face is a community link up for portrait work in any style or medium.
- the aims are to share, learn, practise, inspire, and be inspired.
- to make sure that the face artwork is yours, if you use any stamps or templates to build the face they should be designed by you.
- the link is open from 10 am (BST) every Friday and stays open for a week, so link away.
- finished pieces, works in progress or retro posts (i.e. older works, not from this week) are all welcome.
- to link back to the link blog post here for that week.
- Spread the word on your blog/social media outlets and use the #ShowYourFaceFriday hashtag in social media.
Looking For The Blog Button?
If you want to wear the blog button with pride then hop on over to Show Your Face 31st July 2015 to grab it and there are instructions on how to put it on your blog there too.
My Share This Week…
Scary? Not scary? What do you think? I didn’t set out to make a scary face this week, I was just looking at the negative space on a very shaded face with a light source above and to the front. I like the added texture of the watercolour pooled in the brush strokes of the gel medium that I used to stick the book pages down.
Over To You…
Link your faces artwork and spread the word on your blog and/or social media, hashtag #ShowYourFaceFriday. Please do let anyone you think would be interested in sharing their portraits know about our community here.
Catch you later Face-Artinators
PS. Some other places you might want to link your work to: Art journal pages link up with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s Art Journal Everyday post. Painted pages share at Paint Party Friday. Art journal page with than Architecture theme link up to Art Journal Journey but remember they will have a new theme in a day or so.Those of you on Facebook ask Darcy Wilkinson if you can join her Face To Face page.
Come And Connect With Me: