London Is Covered

Ok so snow is not unusual for most of the UK, but here in London it is very unusual. The last time it snowed heavily in London was 2002. I remember this because I was working in the Hammersmith Hospital in East Acton (none of the London hospitals are in the places they are named after) and the only way I could get home was to walk the three miles to Hammersmith.

And look at the icicles!

Right I’m off to see if I can get some more piccies 🙂

Kim Dellow

Kim Dellow is an artist–designer–film-maker living the creative life in London, UK. She’s a freelance creative for the craft industry and others, and she loves to share her art-ventures on her blog.

Share:

1. 2 February 2009 / 9:31 am

What lovely snow – I’m so sad we don’t have any here in the Cotswolds 🙁 . Hope you get some mor fab pictures like the icicle one. Have a warm day!! Hugs Dilly x

2. 2 February 2009 / 10:00 am

Hi Kim I am in London too and it is so wintery! Great pics. Look forward to seeing some more. We are just off out to make a snowman. Pascale 🙂

3. 2 February 2009 / 10:16 am

Those photos look fab – who is that hardy but handsome-looking chap making his way into work? 🙂
    David
    xx

4. 2 February 2009 / 12:03 pm

Great pics. Not too bad here in Kings Lynn at the moment, but forecast doesnt sound too good! Stay warm!

5. 2 February 2009 / 12:32 pm

wow, that is a lot of snow!! We haven’t got nearly that much snow here in Wiltshire – just about two centimetres, but it IS still snowing!!

6. 2 February 2009 / 1:27 pm

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the beauty of the snow and try to stay warm!!

Tonya

7. 2 February 2009 / 2:28 pm

Fabulous piccies Kim!
    I was wondering whereabouts you are in London due to your mention of Hammersmith. I lived there from the age of 2 until I moved to Hampshire when I was 21, we used to live in Fulham Palace Road (Peabody Trust), I don’t know if you know it at all. Also my cousin used to be a nurse at Hammersmith Hospital (is it Ducane Road?)
    What a small world!

8. 2 February 2009 / 4:26 pm

I think that means you’re getting my snow…LOL. We’ve had an unusually snowless season!

Enjoyed your pictures! (and the snow) Stay warm!

9. 2 February 2009 / 11:53 pm

I wish I could give you all some of my snow. It is so pretty. Love your pictures.